Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Weight Project Final Export.

This project, of course, had a lot of challenges. My overall idea for this project was to have Fred come over to a big object blocking his path to an all you can eat restaurant. I wanted Fred's arms, legs, and fingers to lengthen and shorten as they please, but his head was to NEVER get smaller or bigger. In order to prevent his head from getting bigger and smaller I created a black ball and always traced around it. Later in the video it looks like his head may have gotten smaller, but it hasn't because I put the ball there again to double check my work and everything is the same. As far as the arms legs, and fingers, the only thing that really changes length is the fingers. The legs and arms roughly stay close to the same length, which wasn't my original plan, but I kind of like it that way.
There's a part in my video where Fred leans back as he is pulling. I added that because I think that is more real/exaggerated. When people pull something they usually lean in the opposite direction to add more power. Also, when you watch it the lean comes fast and it almost looks like the camera may have been shaking and as a horror filmmaker I appreciate that because when there is a lot of struggle or fast scares sometimes shaky camera brings the action out more.
As far as challenges there were times where it seemed choppy so I kept adding more frames to make it smoother and most of the time it worked and others it didn't. I spent hours and hours and days trying to figure everything out and make my project what it is now.
One big challenge I had was at first everything was so small and I didn't realise cause when I drew Fred zoomed out he was small, but I thought you would be able to see his struggle and everything so I zoomed in and edited the entire video zoomed in and when I zoomed out I realised that he was way to small and I didn't know how to make him bigger without going back to each frame and changing the length because when I tried highlighting all the frames and changing the length it didn't change the length for every frame. So I started going to each frame and changing the length, but some lengths would be off and it was a big mess Finally, after an hour and a half I figured out how to edit all the frames at once and make him bigger.
I only used a mouse for this project because I know that is more challenging and I wanted to push myself because I am graduating soon and I might not have other opportunities like this, so I wanted to make the most out of it.
What I wanted people to feel from this project in terms of Fred is that he is so cute and that they feel so bad for him that he cant move this item. I wanted people to say "awww" when he fainted.
Great, now I'm dealing with uploading issues. It says that my video can't be uploaded.
The video won't even go in Media Encoder
Okay, I got it to work!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment