Monday, April 21, 2014

David

I had so much fun with David. I love this character and I had so much fun playing around with him and doing his walk cycle. I know I wanted David to be a confused character where there is not really much in his head. This is why his walk starts off with him going on his tip toes and then looks looks weird and suddenly turns into him trying to catch his balance/a hop.

At first I wanted his head to be all white, but then I realised his head should be see through because then it shows how empty headed he really is. It shows that there is literally nothing there so someone can see through it. I wanted to do it from screen to screen instead of one walk and then cycling it because I wanted everyone to see the full David. If I had to cycle it then he wouldn't be able to go into his balance catching/hop, which to me is a big part of his personality. He also wouldn't be able to go into the tip toes necessarily. In my opinion this was the best way to express what I wanted to express from David.

Although I did love David he did come with some complications. I had to start over three or four different times, which was really frustrating. A lot of problems occurred with keyframes and then things not matching together. David broke apart at one point and parts of his body didn't work right. Therefore I had to start over in order to fix the problem. Some of the parts of David kept repeating and it was a huge mess.

The background wasn't all that bad, but of course it came with its problems (why wouldn't it?). For some reason the trees would start moving when I didn't click them and there were other minor problems like that throughout.

I spent hours, like usual, on this project and I am very happy with it. I know there this is not a perfect project because there is never a perfect project. However, I also know I put a lot of work into this and I choice to use Flash over After Effects. I am very familiar with After Effects, so it might have been easier for me to do after Effects, but I wanted to challenge myself and take a risk and that is why I used Flash.

Below is David in his walk cycle:


No comments:

Post a Comment